What is better than a brownie? Easy and efficient it is the kind of cake that makes everybody happy. Sometime you just need a simple cake to make your life more beautiful. But when I say simple it is because a brownie is so easy and so quick to bake. And it is so practical to take away.
In all of that nothing is really magical, you just need great ingredients and to roast the walnuts. I baked it as some friends ate at home, and as always it was almost all gone. The best is that they still speak about it.
The recipe comes from my French book of pastry made by Marabout. I already talked about it is a previous recipe but it is really good. It presents always a basic recipe and several variation. If you can read French, I really advice you to buy it !
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 150 g butter
- 250 g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 130 ml heavy cream
- 75 g hazelnuts, pecan nuts or walnuts …
- Preheat your hoven to 180ºc
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a Bain Marie
- Once it is melted pour into a bowl and add the other ingredients, mixing each time
- Pout the mix into a buttered mould and bake for 25-30 mins
- To check if your brownie is ready insert a knife in the middle of your cake, when it goes out the blade has to be dried.