So Creamy and so soft, the Tiramisu is a great dessert to finish a meal. And on the top of that there is also chocolate in it ! I made that recipe as some friend came home to eat. As always they are my guinea pigs, and try all the dessert I bake. But do not worry, they are doing well, and as far as I know they really liked it.
I tried to research some information about the tiramisu. But here even my good old friend wikipedia wasn’t able to give me one one satisfying answer. 5 region of north Italy rededicate the origin of that dessert. In the text, Tiramisu means « lift me up ». Historically one say that the dessert were made to save cake and coffee left over. An other version says that the venetians prostitutes who were working next to some cafés, ordered some to get energy for the night.
Here is a recipe of the chef Christophe Michalak who presented it on the French channel Teva. It is really delicious and pretty easy to do. No risk to have some floating sponge finger or an heavy cream for the stomach. The sponge is directly baked in the mould, and the mascarpone cream is whipped with some lemon zest for a light and dynamic taste. And of course the top of it is covered with cocoa powder
The sponge cake
- 3 eggs
- 100g flour
- 100g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
The coffee syrup
- 1 lemon
- 6 expressos
- the cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 200g double cream
- 2 eggs
- 80g brown sugar
coffee lemon jelly
- 1 expresso
- 50g lemon jam
- 100g milk chocolate
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Powder sugar
- Prepare the sponge cake whipping the egg whites and the salt with help of an electric mixer adding the sugar in 3 times.
- Add the yolks, and then the flour. Mix each time.
- pour into an oven plate lightly buttered, and bake for 10 mins at 180ºC.
- Get out of the oven and let cool
- Meanwhile prepare the syrup by infusing the zest of a lemon in the 6 expressos for 5 mins
- Prepare the coffee and lemon jelly mixing the lemon jam with the expresso
- Prepare the tiramisu cream whipping all the ingredient together with help of an electric mixer. All ingredient have to be cold, it helps to fix the cream. Whip until you get a nice and light texture.
Prepare the tiramisu
- Soak the sponge biscuit with help of a brush
- Pour the coffee lemon jelly over it, and cover with the tiramisu cream
- Grate the milk chocolate over the cream
- Sprinkle some unsweetened chocolate and grate the zest of a lemon