I guess that for everybody spreads are kind of crazy things ! For me it is a really dangerous mix. With nutella or dulce de leche, if I buy one pot it is so fast gone (2 to 3 days sometimes…). When the spoon goes in, it is like it has to come back and take some more. It is a real torture …
For my first spread recipe on this blog, I wanted something really simple, something that everybody could do. As usual I still wanted a big chef recipe, so that I do not mislead! So I chose a recipe from Christophe Michalak, which he presented in his French TV Show “dans la peau d’un chef”. In his recipe he uses this spread in a totally context as he prepares a dessert, but believe me on toast or pancake it is really great!
- 280 g Granulated sugar
- 160 g butter
- 270 g whipping cream
- 10 g gelatine masse (1,7g gelatine powder + 8,3g water)
- 2 g salt
- Boil the cream
- Prepare a dry caramel (without water) pouring sugar little by little in a pan. Start with a third of the sugar, when it is melted pour the 2nd third, and repeat for the resting sugar.
- Incorporate the butter and the salt in the caramel when the sugar starts to foam.
- Pour the warm cream in 3 times over the mix. Be careful if you do it in one time the liquid will boil over the pan (I already tried it!)
- Mix with a spatula and add the gelatine
- Using a hand mixer blend the mixture to get it soft