This recipe is one of my favorites for chocolate biscuit. Looking at some article on Internet I found a page of l’express presenting some recipe of Pierre Hermé. In the list there was this one. Of course I immediately wrote it and tried it!
I have to say that Pierre Hermé deserves his success. This intense chocolate taste, and this salty note, delicious! In this recipe he advises not to fully bake the biscuits to get them a bit soft. I prefer crunchy biscuit, but here it tastes really great.
- 175 gr Flour
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 5 g salt
- 150g Butter
- 120g Brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 2g vanilla extract
- 150g chopped dark chocolate
- 5g bicarbonate
- Mix the flour, the cocoa powder and the bicarbonate together
- Incorporate the butter, the brown sugar, the salt and the vanilla extract. Mix everything together and pour over the previous mix with the chopped dark chocolate. Mix again.
- Form a roll of 4 cm diameter and pour into the fridge for about 1hour.
- Cut slice of 1 cm and put them on the parchment-lined baking sheets
- Bake for 11-12 mins in preheated hoven to 170ºC. Cookies must be a bit under baked
Tip: These cookies are flattening down while baking. If you want to get them higher let them cool for about 30 min to 1h before baking.