Here is my first Vegan recipe! As I read lot recipes on the internet especially via Pinterest, I found several vegan recipes. I am myself not a real fan of only veggies and no animal product. Butter, cream, and eggs are too great for me. But if the recipe is great, why not!
What I find Interesting is that vegan are searching for substitution products. Often is butter replaced by margarine and the taste is not good at all, but if they use oil or cocoa butter it starts to be pretty good! What I also like is all these grain recipes, which are really tasty and healthy.
The recipe today is inspired from the book of Celine Stehen, Joni and Marie Newman « The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions: Veganize It!“. The recipe was really easy to bake and tasted so good! Hazelnuts and cinnamon and the smell out of the oven is fantastic! I guess spices are better for Christmas, but the biscuits are gone so quickly that is works all year long!
For about 12 cookies
- 95g powdered desiccated coconut
- 100 ml hot water
- 120g walnuts: 60g chopped, 60g grounded
- 2-tea spoon grounded cinnamon
- 2-tea spoon vanilla extract
- 2-tea spoon salt
- 180g all-purpose flour
- ½ baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC
- Mix the coconut and the water in a bowl
- Add the chopped walnuts, the powdered walnuts, sugar, oil, spices, vanilla and salt.
- Mix together and add the flour previously sieved with the baking powder. Mix again.
- With help of an ice scoop or 2 table spoon, form small balls of dough and drop them off a baking tray covered with parchment paper
- Flatten the biscuits a little bit and bake for 15 mins, until golden brown.