As I was writting it in my previous article, crepes came with some spreads. You already know 2 of them, the chocolate haselnut and the Caramel one.Both recipes come from the great Christoph Michalak and become always a great success by my friends. But the third one is almost unknown in France, but also really liked when I propose. Despite its creaminess and its bitter sweet flavour the Lemon curd is not so famous in France. As I love citrus, it is always a pleasure to have some on a slice of bread.
I have discovered this marvellous product as I was Erasmus student in Hamburg 6 years ago. I remember that everybody was so pleased among my roomate as I baked it. The recipe comes from the blog of Pascale Weeks, a blog which from are coming a lot of personal inspiration. Her husband comes from great britain , and on his site one can lot of british inspired recipes.
The recipe itself is not so complicated to make. I recomand to use an hand blender to homogenize the mix. The lemon curd contains butter, and sometimes it is not really well mixed when you use a spoon or a whisk.
For a big pot
- 10cl of lemon juice (2 lemons)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 150g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100g butter
- wash the lemons and get the zests whithout gratting the white part
- Get the lemon juice and pour every ingredients into a bowl
- Prepare a bain Marie, boiling water into a pan
- Put the bowl over the pan and whisk until the mix is thickening (about 15 mins)
- Once the mix is thick, mix with help of an hand mixer
- Pour in a jar, let cool and put into your fridge